Last Updated: Aug 24, 2023
Privacy and cookie statement
In this declaration, the term ‘user information’ encompasses your data and information. The term ‘process’ refers to any action or sequence of actions carried out on user information, whether automated or manual, which includes but is not limited to handling, collecting, storing, recording, organizing, adapting, altering, retrieving, consulting, utilizing, disclosing, sharing (or making available), merging, deleting, or removing.
What user information do we collect?
When you engage with a website utilizing our chat widget, we gather the IP address associated with your website access, along with your user agent details encompassing browser, device, and access method. Your IP address serves analytical and security purposes. Upon widget activation, your IP address aids in determining your approximate location, used for both analytical insights and to verify geographical relevance to the website operator.
During your conversation with us, we maintain a transcript of your complete chat, encompassing all content. Information from the transcript, such as your name, phone number, email, and physical address, might be separately collected. Furthermore, we log visit time and date as part of our records. This cumulative data assists in sharing your information with the website operator, enabling them to deliver their services or products.
Why do we collect user information and how do we use it?
We gather user information for various purposes, which include but are not limited to the following:
- In order to offer you the services accessible through our platform, we may share your information with the website operator. This enables them to deliver their own services or products to you.
- Gathering data regarding the quality of traffic on our platform serves the purposes of analysis, internal business operations, and enhancing security measures.
- We undertake the task of identifying and safeguarding against fraudulent activities, bots, or any form of unnatural traffic. This effort is made to ensure the well-being of users, affiliates, advertisers, and other relevant stakeholders.
- We gather user information to meet any legal obligations that might apply to us, including but not limited to court orders, subpoenas, and warrants.
- In alignment with applicable laws, we utilize user information for our legitimate interests or those of third parties. A legitimate interest encompasses instances where there is a valid business or commercial rationale for utilizing your information. Illustrative purposes of such usage include, but are not restricted to: (i)Serving as customer support for websites and their operators utilizing our widget. (ii) Commencing legal actions and preparing for litigation, along with other methods of resolving disputes. (iii) Implementing strategies for effective business management and the continued enhancement of products and services. (iv) Ensuring the safety, security, and proper functioning of our services. This may encompass activities like investigating suspicious or fraudulent behavior, as well as addressing violations of regulations, laws, or procedures. (v) Facilitating the provision of services accessible through our platform. Furthermore, we may utilize the collected user information for additional compatible purposes that align with the original reasons for collecting the data.
- Additional suitable objectives for which the user information was gathered.
Please be aware that specific user information might serve multiple purposes, and each situation could involve more than one rationale for processing personal data.
It’s important to note that you won’t be subjected to decisions solely based on automated processing, including profiling, that could have legal implications for you. However, automated checks of your geographical location might be employed to ascertain whether you fall within the geographic range of the services or products offered by the website operator. Automated procedures are also utilized to assess the flow of traffic through our system, identifying and preventing spam, fraud, and other illicit or undesirable activities.
Where is user information stored and who receives it?
User information is stored on servers under our management and operation, which may, however, be owned by third-party entities (e.g., Azure and Amazon Web Services). We employ a range of security technologies and protocols to safeguard user information against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. To illustrate, we house user information on servers with limited access in controlled facilities.
Furthermore, user information is transmitted to the operators of websites featuring our widget, as well as to other service providers of these operators (e.g., resellers of our services). It’s important to note that we might receive compensation for sharing your information with these operators or their associated service providers. Notably, we do not trade or sell your user information to any other third parties.
In specific situations, we might need to disclose user information to third parties as compelled by law or when the situation necessitates initiating or participating in litigation or other forms of dispute resolution procedures.
Additional privacy measures
We have established procedures and employ secure technology to guarantee that user information is exclusively utilized for the explicit purpose of our business interaction. Here are supplementary measures and practices related to data security that we implement to safeguard any user information we possess:
- We directly manage agents who handle chats, and this includes individuals under our direct or common control.
- Chats are conducted using HTTPS to ensure secure communication.
- Sensitive contact information that’s identified is concealed from agents through encryption.
- For lead delivery containing user information, we utilize a secure and encrypted portal access system.
- User contact details within the portal are encrypted.
- Our portal access adheres to stringent role-based access controls, and continuous monitoring is in place to uphold data integrity.
- Access to our production servers is limited to a small group of senior personnel within our company. Any access to these servers is closely monitored.
- Access to the admin portal and servers is restricted to whitelisted IP addresses only.
- We diligently implement and enforce role-based access controls for any interaction with user information.
- Stringent data anonymization techniques are applied when accessing historical data.
- To identify suspicious activities, we employ a web application firewall that actively tracks and logs such incidents.
How long do we keep user information?
User information is typically retained without a specified time limit.
What are your rights?
Depending on your location’s legal framework, you might possess the subsequent rights concerning your user information, which could be used to identify you personally:
- Right to Access: You might have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data.
- Right to Rectification: You may have the right to correct any inaccurate personal data and request the completion of any incomplete personal data associated with you.
- Right to Erasure: In specific situations, you could have the right to have your personal data deleted promptly.
- Right to Object or Restrict Processing: Under certain conditions, you might have the right to object to the processing of your personal data or request limitations on its processing.
- Right to Data Portability: You could have the right to request a copy of your personal data in a format that can be shared with other organizations.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: It’s possible that you have the right to raise concerns with your relevant supervisory authority.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: You may possess the right to retract any consents you have previously given to us concerning the handling of your personal data.
By utilizing our service, you provide your consent to the utilization of cookies as outlined in this document. Cookies are employed by the service to accomplish various objectives, including, but not limited to, differentiating you from other users of the website and monitoring your chat interactions across various pages of a site. This practice aids in enhancing your service experience and contributes to the overall improvement of the service.
What are cookies?
Cookies typically take the form of a text file or a similar format, containing information that’s downloaded to your device when you access a website. These cookies are subsequently checked or transmitted back to the original website during subsequent visits. Given that many websites incorporate elements from different sources and services, a single website visit could result in the receipt of multiple cookies from various sources or services.
The utility of cookies lies in their ability to facilitate various functions for a website. Primarily, they enable a website to identify a user’s device. This means that when you revisit a website, it recognizes you as the same individual who previously visited. Moreover, even during a single visit to a website, cookies enable smooth navigation between different pages, retaining your preferences and enhancing your overall experience.
Cookies come in various types. “Session” cookies are typically automatically deleted when you close your browser, while “Persistent” cookies persist on your device even after you’ve closed your browser.
If you do not agree to the utilization of our cookies, it’s necessary to deactivate them by adhering to the guidelines for your browser outlined here, utilizing browser features, and/or using any available disabling tools as specified below (please note that not all cookies might have disabling tools). Be aware that if cookies are disabled, our service might not perform as intended.
Certain web browsers offer the option to prevent your internet browsing activities from being tracked and to disable cookies. While you may choose to utilize these tools, doing so could disrupt your use of the service and potentially render parts or the entirety of the service non-operational.
Third party websites not covered
Changes to this statement
We reserve the right to periodically update this Privacy and Cookie Statement at our discretion. It’s advisable that you periodically review this policy to remain informed about our current practices and policies.